Friday, July 1, 2011

Blouse #2

I finished my blouse late last night, and wore it today up to Nashville. I once again made a few mistakes, and I think I needed the size smaller, but there's always room for improvement. 



One thing I think I need to fix a bit is the darts. I'd never done darts before and because the shirt is a bit too big the darts come out just a little bit too much, so I'll probably try and fix that.






I can't wait until I get familiar enough with sewing that patterns don't scare me any more. As of right now they still make me nervous and I'm always convinced I'm doing something wrong, but I think I'm getting better. 

Tyler and I are here in Nashville with my family now, I think we're going to watch The Trip tonight (it looks hilarious), and then hit the hay early.

I hope you all have fantastic 4th of July weekend!

xo,
 Em

12 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks perfect for the Summer heat, and it's wearer is as lovely as ever. :)

    Remember, it's always easier to downsize a garment than to make it bigger. Last Winter I made a gored skirt that ended up being 2 sizes too big so I just cut the gores and redid the seams. Now it fits like a dream! Happy sewing!

    Lynae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. I cannot sew whatsoever... I am learning crochet though! ;) Also, thank you for stopping by my blog. I love yours! Totally a new follower. :D

    Hope your 4th of July is rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks adorable, I love the gingham material you've used! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Your blog looks fab: beautiful photos and great style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good! That makes me wanna start sewing clothing again. Darts are demons, yours came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you made this?? great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gingham patterns! And this color is just divine for a summer day! Beautiful.

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute top! and you have the best bangs!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blouse you made has such a cute pattern ^^ I really feel like taking sewing classes thanks to you ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  11. darts are really hard but the more you do them the better you will get! i think it turned out really nice and i just love the small check pattern! great job sweetie!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I'm just about to take a sewing class so I can finally come to grip with patterns! They are scary, aren't they?! I like your blouse, though, you did a good job with the concealed zip at the back!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you! Please remember any ideas on my blog are my own opinion and if you don't agree or have something you want to critique, please be polite.