Saturday, May 28, 2011

A week of celebration

Alright, so here I'm today in Mobile hangin' out with Ty's family, and I'm keeping my word and actually doing a blog post! 

So, as I've said earlier, this past week has been a wonderful one, fully of family and celebrating my sister Sarah's graduation and birthday. Sadly, I haven't taken a whole lots of pictures, but I do have some from Sarah's graduation.

 
 

Sorry I still haven't fixed my picture sizing, that's still on the to-do list. Sarah looks so lovely in her graduation garb, doesn't she? 

So after all the excitement of graduation and her birthday, I decided I was going to take the plunge and learn how to sew. I already know, and when I was younger I actually did quite a bit, but I haven't in several years, and so my mom and my sister gave me a little bit of a crash course. Sadly, the dress I started was very ambitious so I'm having to leave it at home so my Mom can help me with it when I return in a week or so. I decided I needed to practice in between that time so I have gotten several super simple patterns (all on sale for $1 yay!) and am planning to make a blouse this week. Wish me luck, I know I'll need it.

I'll try to take some pictures these next three days and do some more blogging, hopefully show you all a bit of my blouse I'll be constructing. 

I'm off to conquer cutting out a pattern by myself!

xo,
 Em

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love her graduation cape! It is such a beautiful colour! Unfortunately I'll be stuck with boring black! p.s. I love your dress!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved the feeling after i graduated, so free!! have fun cutting out your pattern! it is so much fun to see something come together!!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you! Please remember any ideas on my blog are my own opinion and if you don't agree or have something you want to critique, please be polite.