Monday, June 13, 2011

Hot Pink

I got inspired to paint my nails hot pink today, and since I was doing the hot pink thing I thought I might as well keep it going with my lip color too. The reason shoes are lacking in these pictures is because I used OPI for my hot pink fingers and toes, but sadly my toes were taking quite a while to dry (I find OPI sometimes takes a long while to really dry) so I had to go shoe-less.

 




This is the blouse my sister thrifted for me, I think it's wonderful! I adore the collar, and the color is lovely. Also, I'm really loving this little wicker lunchbox/purse that Ty got for me. It's supposed to be a lunch box, but I think I might end up carrying it as a purse.

blouse thrifted
skirt american apparel
lunch basket thrifted/gift 

On a very different note, I've noticed this blog post going around, and it really made me quite angry, I'm not going to lie. I know there are woman out there who dumb themselves down for men, but woman who like pink, cup cakes, and rompers aren't necessarily those women. I'm a strong minded woman, who happens to love girly things, and that doesn't make me less of a woman or someone who lets men trample her. I won't dedicate a whole post to this, as others have given rebuttals far better than I could, if you'd to check some of them out head on over to Delightfully Tacky or Little Chief Honeybee, they had some great things to say. All I'll say is: keep on being who you are no matter what anybody else says!


I hope you all are having a great day!


xo,
 Em

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blouse, brilliant find by your sister! And I completely agree with you about that post, there's a huge difference in acting 'girly' for a specific male-orientated purpose, and baking, wearing playsuits and playing the ukulele (all of which i do in abundance) becuase you enjoy it (and cannot play the guitar no matter how hard you try) How foolish xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i agree, be you for you only, no one else! what a strange world we live in and i am always baffled by people who just like to clump people in a group...we are all different in so many ways. i wouldn't call myself a girly girly but i am boarder line...i like to get dirty and bike and i love flowers! what is so wrong with that! some people are just nuts!

    anywho...your blouse is amazing and i just adore it! you my dear are such a stunning dresser!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we can do is make sure we are true to ourselves and to do whatever makes us happy.

    You have a lovely blog. That blouse is delightful! The pink nails are super pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this shirt is so perfect. oh i want it bad. you look stunning.

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm a strong minded woman, who happens to love girly things, and that doesn't make me less of a woman or someone who lets men trample her"

    amen to that, sister! you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty outfit. Just love the colour of your hair too

    Marisa :)

    http://theatticpeoplevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an artist dear. The photos, the spirit. Pure artistry. In the words of Lady Charlotte de Bourgh: "obstinent, headstrong girl!" (hopefully you are also a kindred spirit who will appreciate the Pride and Prejudice connection - it truly is a compliment).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of you! Please remember any ideas on my blog are my own opinion and if you don't agree or have something you want to critique, please be polite.